Common Color Mistakes - Blues Turning Purple:
- Blue is close to purple in the CMYK color spectrum.
- When using blue in your design, it is best to use 30% more cyan than magenta to avoid turning purple.
- Example: C-100 M-70 Y-0 K-0
We have an all digital workflow. We work with all MAC and MAC compatible files. We do not accept films or traditional black and white art. Follow our Preflight Checklist / Artwork Requirements for setup. Create artwork using the following accepted programs: current versions of InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator and PhotoShop. We cannot accept files created with: Microsoft Word, Publisher and PowerPoint. Artwork for catalog and custom items MUST be created using our FREE item templates. Send all files being used - including printer and screen fonts and embedded graphics. When sending digital files via our FTP or email, all files MUST include your dealer information, purchase order and job name. Incorrect files and files created without our item template may delay production and can incur prep charges. Charges for corrections, alterations and setup will be billed at $90.00 (NET) per hour.
- Although there is no single rich black formula that every print provider uses, it is best to keep the total ink saturation between 240% - 260%. The printing saturation limit of 300% should not be exceeded.
Text, thin rules and thin graphic elements should be specified as 100% black (no CMYK). Build larger, solid black areas at: C60%, M40%, Y40%, K100% (240% ink coverage)
- All customer submitted discs are returned after the job has been completed. All foil & emboss dies, custom diecutting dies and archived files are kept for 24 months. At that point, if we have not received a request for return, materials are recycled without notice. NOTE: We archive art files to assist our customers with reorders of our products. When working with a graphic designer, it can be a good idea to have them provide you with a final file copy of your artwork also.
- All submitted copy is reviewed before production. We pride ourselves on making every effort to ensure accuracy and that your expectations are met. However, we are not liable for errors in customer submitted files. Additionally, when a remake is warranted, the order will be produced according to the original specifications, without alteration. Our liability is specifically limited to the value of the product we manufacture.
- Proofs available upon request. Your first PDF proof is FREE. Four color process orders (excludes digital folders) have the option of receiving a FREE color digital proof instead. Changes to proofs, additional proofs and press proofs incur additional charges. Approval or changes need to be indicated in writing. Normal production time is required after proof approval. Admore® retains the right to require a proof before beginning any project.
- Eco-friendly (paperless) method. Best choice when production time is limited. Great for checking file corrections, color break, positioning, etc. Do not rely on this proof for critical color (CMYK art file is viewed on your monitor in RGB).
Color Digital Proof:
- Best choice when process color is critical. Sent 2nd day service. Can ship overnight using dealer's shipper number.
PMS Colors on Proofs:
- All PMS jobs are run on press in the actual Pantone Matching System color requested. Both a PDF and color digital proof convert PMS numbers in your file to process representations for the purpose of checking color break, etc. For this reason, in most cases, a PDF proof is sufficient.
- We run to the color values in your submitted file, NOT WHAT YOU SEE ON SCREEN. Refer to the Pantone 4-Color Process Guide and Pantone Color Bridge for assistance. Be aware that which stock you choose has an effect on the final color on press (coated vs. uncoated, premium sheet vs. economy sheet, brightness of the sheet, etc.). Our Prepress department does compensate for press gain.